Sunday, April 09, 2006

phew!

I finally gave Luke his quilt this weekend. It would have been Thursday but that was the day he picked up his BMW wagon so I decided that he couldn't have the quilt until he could be properly excited about it. That may have been more for me than him. So without further delay I present to you the fruit of 6 months hard labor and stress...

luke with quilt

quilt on bed

Since I have had to keep this project in the dark, here are a few in progress photos.

Here is the quilt top finished and ironed out.

quilt top sewn

Spreading out the back to make the sandwich.

quilt back

The sandwich about half way hand basted. Notice the exotic creature in the top left. Mmmm.

quilt hand basted

The zigs and zags being marked and quilted.

quit progress

So that is all. My mom is giving me less than a year to start my next quilt. We'll see, it sure was a lot of work. Maybe next winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home