Tuesday, February 07, 2006

where's the fire..

...i've finished my Log Cabin socks. Last night I decided that I was going to finish them before Jimmy Kimmel was over and sure enough I did just as the credits were rolling. For reference I had just finished the leg of the sock yesterday and was beginning the heel when I picked them up to watch the 10:00 news. I think I have arthritis in my hands and brain now. They are super warm but there's one problem, they are extremely dangerous. I either have to sew leather pads to the bottoms or start saving for my next MRI and more physical therapy.






I have decided on my skirt for the sew? i knit! along. Since I am not allowed to buy any new materials until I use up the ones I have and I don't like any of the skirt patterns I have I will be re-making a pattern I drafted a few years ago, back when I really didn't know how to draft patterns. Now that I do, I am still going to use it, but maybe with some tweaks.



The fabric will be whatever I pull out of my box at the time I decide to start it, or maybe whatever I have that best goes with the latest pair of shoes I've bought, which would be these beauties.



And as for the Knitting Olympics, mine will be entitled the Knitting and Something Else Olympics in order to encompass the Christmas present that has been encompassing my life since way before Christmas. I will be trying to make headway on both the Phildar Tendances Automne 05/06 Sweater # 20 and the Something Else. Phew, good luck to me.

3 Comments:

Blogger tammie said...

awesome shoes!
awesome sweater for knitting olympics - you are going to do that AND SOMETHING ELSE?!?!
i'm going to have a hard time with my big ol' cable sweater (10.5 needles!)

7:27 PM  
Blogger *karen said...

Thanks for the comment on my skirt at the sewiknit site. I actually found the fabric at Hobby Lobby (I did wander around indecisively before stumbling upon it). I bow down to your drafting abilities. I thought I could throw together a skirt pattern but quickly realized I had absolutely NO idea where to start.

11:25 AM  
Blogger yaiAnn said...

You could actuall use some of that rug stuff or use puffy paint instead of getting leather pads. Good job on those socks, though. They look great!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home